Kia ora everyone! My name is Simone Gentil and I'm going to be moderating our Twitter chat this week. This week the topic is READING!! Make sure you check out the questions. There are also two reading challenges that you can complete before Thursday.
1. Why is reading important to you?
2. If you could be any book character who would you choose to be and why?
3. What are some good strategies to use when you are reading and get stuck on a tricky word?
4. What is your favourite reading activity to do in your class?
5. Did you create an eBook this week? Share a link to your ebook. We would love to read them!
6. What book did your teacher share with you? What was your favourite part?
7. Suggest a book that would be great holiday read. Tell us why it’s an awesome book.
8. What things happen in your class or school that encourage or celebrate reading?
9. If you could choose anywhere to read in the world, where would it be and why?
10. If you could change a book, which book would you change and how would you change it?
This week there are also TWO READING CHALLENGES that you can complete before the Thursday Kidsedchatnz chat.
Create your own ebook and upload it to your class blog. You will have the opportunity to share your book during the chat. A list of all ebooks shared will be uploaded to the Kidsedchatnz blog after the Thursday chat!
Note: if you don’t have iPads or tablets in your class you could create a paper book and take some photos of your book to share.
Ask your teacher to read his or her favourite book to you. One of my favourite books is Scaredy Squirrel at the beach. I will be sharing this with Room 8 this week. You may also like to share your favourite book with a buddy or your class.