Term 3 is almost over, we've had 10 weeks of hard work and plenty of great fun with Kidsedchatnz. Our topics have included reading, gaming, science and family, I've learnt some amazing things from all of the children taking part and it is always proving to me how important it is to be a learner. In class, my children are teaching me how to build things on Minecraft and I'm always learning ways to be a better teacher or parent, but all of this requires hard work.
This week I have three challenges for you before taking part in Kidsedchatnz:
1 - Find or make up a great quote about learning, make it into a poster or meme and share it with us on Thursday.
2 - Talk to another child and identify what they want to be learning in 10 years? Why?
3 - Ask an adult about their learning, what are they learning and how does this make them feel.
Your questions for this week:
- What have you learnt about in term 3? Has it been easy or difficult to learn? Why?
- What is something (eg a sport, hobbies, cultural etc) that you have learnt outside of school? Why do you do take part in these activities?
- What words would you use to describe term 3 for you and your class?
- What praise has your teacher given you this term?
- What has been one challenge that you have faced in term 3? How have you beaten this challenge?
- Did you have any goals for term 3? How did you achieve them?
- What advice do your teachers, friends and families give you about learning? What does it mean? Share any posters or memes you have made.
- What goals or aims do you have for term 4 and how do you plan to achieve them?
- What do you think you will be doing in 10 years and what will you be learning?
- What does it mean to be a life long learner and why is this important?
Your moderator this week will be @Reidteachnz. See you all at 2pm Thursday.