This week it is all about celebrating being a New Zealander and all the beautiful cultures that we have here in NZ. I have set up some interesting challenges to help you along the way - it's a short week so don't try and do them all. To get you started check out the video.
- Redesign a piece of kiwiana using another culture as inspiration.
- Create a visual or digital mihi, pepeha or biopoem. A template for a biopoem is here.
- Design a new New Zealand flag.
- Write a poem about being a New Zealander.
- Write or draw to explain the whakatauki: "He aha te mea nui o te ao? He tangata! He tangata! He tangata!" which translates into "What is the most important thing in the world? It is people! It is people! It is people!"
- Plan a time capsule to showcase New Zealand - what would you put in this? Check out this blog for ideas Time Capsule Idea
- Where were you born and how long have you lived in NZ?
- What languages can you speak? or what language would you like to learn and why?
- What are the best and worst things about living in NZ?
- How many cultures/nationalities are there in your class or school? What are they?
- What is something that you have learned about a different culture?
- What would you put in a time capsule to celebrate NZ culture?
- If you could make another NZ public holiday, what would it be and why? Eg Matariki, Diwali, Chinese New Years or something else.
- Would you want to change the NZ flag? Why or why not? Don't forget to tweet a photo if you redesigned the flag.
- What does being a New Zealander or Kiwi mean to you? How does it make you feel?