Week 4 - Passions, Talents and Lifelong Learning Skills
This week's topic is about your passions, talents and lifelong learning skills. Part of the chat is flipped so make sure you watch the Kid President's YouTube clip on how to be an inventor.
You may also like to physically create or just draw a picture of something you would invent to make the world more awesome.
There will be an opportunity for you to share your inventions during the chat. Teachers, you may also like to watch the 'Creativity Takes Time' YouTube clip yourself and do this mini lesson with your class.
- What are your interests, talents or passions?
- Do you get to learn about your interests in the classroom? Give us an example.
- What do you have to do to become really good at something?
- Do you think it's important for children to have some time each week to learn about something that they're interested in? Why?
- The top 10 jobs in 2015 didn't exist in 2004. What jobs do you think there will be in 10 years time?
- What skills do you think we will need for these jobs in the future?
- The Kid President wanted to invent a Catuum Cleaner. What would you like to invent to make the world more awesome? *Opportunity to share a photo via a tweet here.
- Is creativity important? How can we encourage creativity in the classroom?
- Sometimes we get stuck with our learning and have to problem solve. What does good problem solving look like?