Sunday 13 October 2013

Topic and Questions

This term I thought I would try something new with Kidsedchatnz. What is it you ask? Well I thought I would give some classes a chance to pick the weekly topic and also generate the questions.

I thought by doing this it would help get the classes/students involved and help give them some real ownership to the Kidsedchatnz sessions.

So what they have to do is think of a suitable topic and make a list of 5 questions to talk about during the session. 

They need to pick a topic that hasn't been used before and something that is going to appeal to all ages. Topics used so far are: Books, Teachers, Maths, Science, Writing, Reading, Term Reflections, Homework, Sports, Modern Learning Environments, Technology, Learning Styles, Fun at School and Connected Learners.

Once they have made up their topic and questions they can e-mail it to me (stephen@russellst.school.nz) and I will put it up on the Kidsedchatnz blog. I will still put up the questions on Wednesday's and moderate the sessions.

So who is going to be the first class to generate a topic and make up the questions? Well VardonRoom7 have kindly offered to be the first! This is great as they are one of our regular classes that take part and they definitely know how Kidsedchatnz works!

So what do you think of my new idea? Do you think it will work? Would you like to have your class generate the topic/questions for a Kidsedchatnz session?

Let me know if you have any other ideas for Kidsedchatnz. We are always looking to improve the concept!


1 comment:

  1. Great idea, wonderful to keep the collaboration going.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.