This week's chat is all about driving your learning. We here at Kidsedchatnz want to find out how you or your teacher personalises your learning and helps you drive your own learning. What happens in your class currently or what you would like to happen in your class.
If you get a chance watch this video about kids taking charge of their learning or student agency, or hackschool (an oldie but a goodie)
1. Describe your classroom (how many students/teachers/teacher aides, single room or ILE, breakout spaces, devices). Great opportunity to share photos.
2. Think about your normal day, what choices do you have as a learner during the day?
3. Share how you know what your next steps are in either Reading, Writing, or Maths. (Great photo opportunity)
4. Do you think knowing your next steps helps you with your learning? If so how? Can you give an example?
5. As a learner what motivates you to learn something new?
6. What are some of the barriers or blocks that stop you from becoming a successful learner?
7. Sometimes we get stuck with our learning and have to problem solve. What does good problem solving look like?
8. Describe the 'perfect' day of learning for you, how would you day be organised?
9. What does personalised learning or student agency mean to you? What would it look like in your class?
Looking forward to seeing you all on Friday.